Captain Proud Paddle Boat Scone Cruise & Adelaide Hills/Hahndorf Tour - EX Adelaide CBD,Glenelg & Hahndorf
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: CPPB-003
- Pick up from Glenelg, Adelaide CBD or Hahndorf accommodation
- Drive through the beautiful Adelaide hills villages of Crafers Stirling and Aldgate
- Visit Beerenberg Strawberry Farm Shop where you will be able to taste their world renowned jams, condiments and products
- Free time to explore the historic town of Hahndorf
- You have the option of indulging in a Tasting Plank at Prancing Pony Brewery, voted World’s Best Beer 2016 OR a Wine and Chocolate experience at Hahndorf Hill Winery OR a Cheese Tasting at Woodside Cheese Wrights
- Board the Captain Proud Paddle Boat in Murray Bridge to enjoy your 2 hour cruise including Scones with Jam and Cream
- On returning to your accommodation, we stop off at the Heritage Listed Bridgewater Mill and viewing Thorngrove Manor
- Return to your Hahndorf, Glenelg or Adelaide CBD accommodation
Introductory offer $149.00 AUD All Inclusive - Full day luxury tour approx. 9 hours
Tour includes: 2 hour cruise with afternoon scones with Jam and cream on the Captain Proud Paddle Boat, cheese tastings plus options for beer or wine and chocolate tastings.
Please note: For bookings less than 24 hours before departure please call us.
Your Adelaide Hills / Hahndorf and River Murray / Murraylands Experience
We travel through the beautiful Adelaide Hills on-route to Mt Lofty, stop along the way to view Koalas in the wild.
We then travel through the Villages of Crafers, Stirling and Aldgate and arrive in Hahndorf at the Beerenberg Strawberry Farm Shop where you can view production and taste their world renowned products with the option to purchase if you wish.
From there, we travel to Murray Bridge Wharf to board the Captain Proud Paddle Boat for a three hour cruise on the mighty River Murray while enjoying your complimentary scones as the Captain provides an interesting commentary on the river system including some Aboriginal folklore.
Captain Proud is powered by the paddle wheels on either side of the vessel. You will feel the history as you snake along the Murray River which is 2,530km in length and is a natural border for New South Wales and Victoria as it enters downstream to South Australia.
Cruise past towering cliffs of rock and sandstone, and other wonderful scenery as you take in the fresh air on the deck outside the dining room. Take in the peaceful tranquility of the river red gums while spotting galahs, cockatoos, pelicans and kangaroos.
At completion of the cruise, we return to the Adelaide Hills region with options for the afternoon:
- Prancing Pony Brewery - Beer Tasting Plank
- Hahndorf Hill Winery - ChocoVino, a Wine and Chocolate experience
- Cheese tasting at Woodside Cheese Wrights
- Skara Artisan Smallgoods - Gourmet Meats and Traditional Croatian Smallgoods Tasting
- Explore historic hills town of Hahndorf - Australia’s oldest surviving German Settlement, Hahndorf
Di or Roger: 0414 447 134 (local) or +61 414 447 134 (international)